When served without the oil and breadcrumbs, Calamari is a low-fat source of protein and essential omega 3 fatty acids that dogs love.
New Zealand export-quality Calamari is hand-cut and snap freeze dried, preserving the natural seafood texture and shape of Calamari rings and tentacles.
Just like with humans, Calamari is a crowd-pleaser. We first chose it because our own dogs were obsessed with it - and the dogs of New Zealand have agreed.
At only 8% fat our Wild Caught Calamari is a low-fat treat with high reward value - great for small dogs (and big ones too of course!)
Not for human consumption. Sorry
These treats are all safe for cats to eat too - but it’s worth noting that they are made for dogs so should be given in small quantities and it may be helpful to crumble or cut up smaller.
- Calamari is a natural source of omega 3 fatty acids, supporting skin, coat and joint health
- Contains zinc for immunity, potassium for healthy hearts, vitamin B12 for nervous system and brain function, and copper for iron absorption
- High in protein (80%) and low in fat (8%)
- 100% Calamari meat ( Nototodarus spp, N.gouldi, N.sloanii / Arrow Squid)
- Sourced, prepared, freeze-dried and packaged to human food grade standards
- No additives or preservatives
- Gluten free, dairy free, and grain free dog treats (it’s just squid)
- Pet treats are intended for supplement feeding only. We recommend 1 large or a few small rings and things per day
- Gourmate Pet Treat Co. Wild Caught Calamari may be suitable for dogs on a low calorie or low fat diet (including due to pancreatitis), but please always follow advice from your vet
- Freeze-drying removes the moisture from raw food to preserve it. Freeze-dried calamari may be included as part of a BARF or raw diet
Sustainability & Environment
- Proudly New Zealand sourced, made, and owned
- Here for a good time not a long time, New Zealand Arrow Squid are a more sustainable seafood choice
- Home compostable packaging made from TÜV Austria certified materials
- Reuse your resealable packs and when you are ready put in your council or home compost